I need coverage for a family member
Helping to protect your family's health and finances is a big responsibility. With HumanaOne, you may be able to get the family health insurance you need for your spouse and dependents - and possibly save money.
We offer family health insurance for primary applicant and spouse between 19 and 64 1/2 years of age. For most states, the maximum issue age for children included in your plan is 25 years old (unless specified higher by your state).
Which HumanaOne plan may fit your needs?
- If you want family health insurance that works like an employer's plan, consider the HumanaOne Copay Plan. These plans have similar features, such as copayments for doctor's office visits, and most include prescription drug coverage.
- If you're looking for low-cost, "just in case" coverage, consider a 100% After Deductible Plan with a high deductible. Your deductible is the amount you have to pay out-of-pocket before your plan starts paying benefits for most covered expenses. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly premium.
- If you need temporary coverage for your spouse and dependents - Consider our Short Term Medical Plan, which is available in some states. Coverage is available for up to six months or a year, depending on where you live. You can specify up front how long you want your coverage to last. The plan isn't renewable after this period. A Short Term Medical Plan doesn't cover pre-existing conditions.
Guidance to help you choose
When you're looking for family health insurance, it's important to ask these questions about the plan you're considering:
- Which benefits are most important to me? - For instance, think about how often your family members usually go to the doctor. Will they need coverage for prescription drugs? How about dental coverage? HumanaOne plans are very customizable. Why pay for coverage your family doesn't need?
- Which doctors and pharmacies are in the network? With a HumanaOne plan, members receive the highest level of benefits with providers in the plan's network. To look up doctors and hospitals in Humana's network, use our Provider Search. To find out which pharmacies are in Humana's network, use our Pharmacy Locator.
- Which medications does the plan cover? Some of our plans include prescription drug coverage, while others don't. If you're getting a plan with drug coverage, it's a good idea to make sure the drugs your family members take are on Humana's Drug List. To look up a specific drug and view coverage details, use our Drug List Search.
With this information, it will be easier to choose the family health insurance that fits your family's needs best.