The smart way to save for care – now and in the future
Note: HumanaOne HSA is currently available in the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
A HumanaOne HSA is the smart, simple, safe way to reduce your health insurance premiums – and, at the same time, take advantage of new tax laws that let you build savings for your future.
A HumanaOne HSA is made up of two separate components that work together to save you money:
1. A personal Health Savings Account (HSA)
2. A High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
The High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) could reduce your monthly premiums as much as 20 to 40 percent. And the money you contribute to your HSA is tax-deductible. What’s more, the withdrawals you make from your account aren’t taxed when they’re used to pay for qualified medical expenses. Plus, you start earning tax-free interest on the first dollar you deposit, and there’s no minimum balance requirement.
Advantages of a HumanaOne Health Savings Account:
- Long-term savings. You can carry over your unused HSA funds from one year to the next, so your savings grow tax-deferred.
- Money for a "rainy day." Sock away extra funds now, and you’ll be better prepared to handle unexpected medical expenses in the future.
- Earned interest. The interest you earn is also tax-deferred. And if it’s used for qualified medical expenses, it’s tax-free!
- Portability. The money in your HSA belongs to you no matter where you work or where you go!
Advantages of a HumanaOne High Deductible Health Plan:
- Reduced premiums. When you select a HumanaOne HDHP, your insurance premiums could be lowered by as much as 20 to 40 percent. Use those extra funds to build up your HSA.
- Flexibility. You have the freedom to choose your doctors from one of the largest networks of health care providers in the nation. And you have coverage for:
- Routine physical exams
- Inpatient and outpatient services
- Emergency care
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive care and more!
With HumanaOne HSA family plans, qualified medical expenses incurred by any family member are applied toward meeting your entire family’s deductible. And once the family deductible is met by any combination of family members – or even a single family member – your HumanaOne HSA plan begins paying benefits for the entire family.
Am I eligible for a HumanaOne HSA?*
You may be eligible for a HumanaOne HSA if you meet the following qualifications for a High Deductible Health Plan (1) and a Health Savings Account (2).
1. You may be eligible for a HumanaOne High Deductible Health Plan if:
- You are not pregnant or an expectant parent
- Any pending doctor appointments are for routine care only
- You do not have incomplete treatments or surgeries
- You were not recently recommended for diagnostic testing
- You are healthy, and if older than age 55, have received a physical within the past two years
- You are a U.S citizen or possess a permanent visa or green card and have been in the U.S. more than two years
- You are not eligible for benefits under Medicare (generally after reaching age 65)
2. You may be eligible for a HumanaOne Health Savings Account if:
- You are approved for and covered by a HumanaOne High Deductible Health Plan, and
- You are not claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return, and
- You are not eligible for benefits under Medicare (generally after reaching age 65 or disability)
*Partial list of eligibility requirements
If you meet these requirements and are in good health, then a HumanaOne HSA could be the plan for you. Get a free quote and start saving right away!