Kentucky Health Insurance: Open Enrollment
As a part of the Kentucky Open Enrollment, HumanaOne will accept child only applications (children age 18 or younger) for consumers residing in Kentucky each year from January 1st though January 31st. A completed application, with health history information is needed for all applicants.
There are specific qualifying events that will qualify a child (18 or younger) for a child only policy year round. You have 30 days after a qualifying event to request enrollment. Please call us at (866)777-1030 to enroll in a child only policy February through December.
Qualifying event includes child's loss of coverage -
- Acquisition of a new dependent child (birth of a child, adoption, marriage, etc.); or
- Because coverage under a COBRA continuation provision was exhausted; or
- As a result of loss of eligibility for the existing coverage based on:
- Legal separation
- Loss of dependent status
- Death of the employee
- Termination of employment
- Reduction in the number of hours of employment
- Employer contributions toward the coverage were terminated
- A situation in which an individual incurs a claim that would meet or exceed a lifetime limit on all benefits
- A plan no longer offers any benefits to the class of similarly situated individuals that includes the individual