Critical Illness Cash Plan
Help protect your family with critical illness insurance
A heart attack, stroke, cancer, or other serious illness often comes without warning. Are you financially prepared if it's you?
Why choose Critical Illness Cash Plan?
This critical illness insurance plan could help protect you, your family, and your assets from unexpected expenses.
- Help with healthcare costs - Provides funds to help offset expenses incurred for a variety of critical illnesses. Plan pays in addition to any other insurance coverage you may already have in force.
- Choice of coverage amounts - Benefit amounts generally range from $5,000 to $50,000.
- Coverage for several critical illnesses - Coverage is available for conditions including but limited to heart attacks, stroke, and most forms of cancer. Find out more about covered illnesses.
How Critical Illness Cash Plan works
If you or a member of your family is diagnosed with a covered critical illness, this critical illness insurance plan will provide you or your designee with a cash payment to use however you want. For instance, use it to help with:
- Unexpected loss of income
- Out-of-pocket medical costs and travel for medical care
- Home healthcare and rehabilitation expenses
Here's an example of benefit payments for a Critical Illness Cash Plan with a $50,000 benefit level.
|Diagnosed Covered Conditions||Cash Payment|
|You have a heart attack||$50,000|
|You're later diagnosed with cancer||$50,000|
|You eventually need a transplant (does not include heart transplant)||$50,000|
Critical Illness Cash Plan is Kanawha Insurance Company policy Form 70620 and optional rider policy Form 70622. Benefits reduce to 50% after age 70. The benefits and riders offered are supplemental and not intended to cover all medical expenses. Covered cancer means first diagnosis and doesn't include skin cancer other than malignant melanoma. Please see actual policy for complete details. No benefit is payable for a pre-existing condition within the first 12 months of policy issuance.
"Sure, our family has health insurance. But if one of us has a serious illness like a heart attack, there will still be bills to pay – and perhaps one less income for our family.
"That's why we purchased critical illness insurance from HumanaOne. The $50,000 cash payment can help to replace lost income and cover healthcare costs our insurance doesn't pay. It makes me feel better to know our family will be able to breathe easier during a difficult time."
Ben's story is a fictional example meant to illustrate the value of the Critical Illness Cash Plan. Actual dollar amounts vary depending on insurance coverage and services used.